Friday, October 29, 2010

Anticipation


I'm usually a fairly patient woman. Okay, maybe my husband would disagree with that statement. Within the next week or two, my first grandchild will enter this world and I CANNOT WAIT!

I have been blessed with two amazing sons. My oldest son is 25, and he and his wife are expecting my first grandchild. Okay, in all fairness it's their first child.

Up to about two years ago, I was not ready to be a grandmother. I'm still in my 40's, and it just seemed too soon. But when on this past Easter my son and daughter-in-law surprised us with a sonogram picture in a gift bag, I instantly knew I was ready. Ready or not, there was a baby coming! My son and daughter-in-law are so looking forward to this new chapter in their lives, and I am so ready to love another baby, watch her grow, be an important part of her life.

Yes, I said "her". We know it's a girl!! Having boys, you can imagine my excitement about a girl coming into the family. Oh, and did I mention my husband, her grandpa, gets all gooey at the thought of having a granddaughter?



And you can bet when she's old enough, this grandma is going to teach her to make jewelry. Madison Designs Jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment