Monday, November 15, 2010

New Beginnings

I am proud to introduce to you my absolutely perfect granddaughter, Leah Dawn. Weighing in at 9lbs, 1oz., she's healthy, happy and beautiful! But you can see for yourself in this photo when she was not quite one day old.


Holding Leah for the first time last week, I was overwhelmed with the depth of love and emotion I felt. I'd always heard it was even better being a grandmother than having your own children, and now I get it. Seeing how my son and his wife beamed with pride, and the love I could see in their eyes for each other and for this child they have created, was beyond expectation. There's something really sweet and powerful when you see your child hold their child. Wow. Let's just say my eyes did not stay dry.



As I draw nearer to being 50 years old, I am very proudly wearing the name of Grandma. Pretty soon my friends will start running the other way as I reach to pull out my little photo book I keep in my purse. Hey, I'm a new Grandma...kind of like being a "born again" mother. Only better! And I promise to look at every one of my friends' pictures of their grandchildren because now I get it.

"Grandpa" and I are counting the days until we get to see Leah again, at Thanksgiving. You can bet this year our family has a LOT to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Grandma Mary Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment